“He was admired and loved”: Fallen firefighter Greg Garza honored at funeral service

Written by on October 25, 2019

Greg Garza, the 17-year San Antonio Fire Department veteran, died in a tragic accident October 15.

SAN ANTONIO — A funeral service was held on Thursday at Community Bible Church to honor fallen officer, Greg Garza, who was killed in the line of duty on October 15.

Two processions in his honor made their way through San Antonio streets leading up the funeral.

Rev. Father Jimmy Drennan of St. Margaret Mary Catholic Church, Dr. Ed Newton of Community Bible Church and Deacon Jerome A. Whitley presided over the funeral mass.

“Thank you to be beautiful people of San Antonio for the outpouring of love,” his brother Joe Garza said in a speech at the funeral service.

His close friend David Gibson, an engineer at the San Antonio Fire Department also spoke in his honor.

“We’re all going to walk out of here with a piece of us that’s not here anymore,” Gibson said in his speech.

Chris Steele, the president of SAPFFA, spoke of Garza’s gentle nature.

“When I look in the dictionary, next to love, I see Greg Garza”, Steele said.

And lastly, Fire Chief Charles Hood talked about the joy of having Greg as part of the San Antonio Fire Department.

“I’d like to thank the family of Greg Garza for blessing me with the opportunity and celebration of Greg’s life,” Chief Hood said. “This gentle giant, as many would call him, was clearly respected by the community and he was admired and loved by this fire department family.”

A memorial account has been set up at Generations FCU for Greg Garza’s family. Anyone wanting to donate simply has to reference the Greg Garza Memorial Account.

1. Get Student Loans   On   June 2, 2021 at 5:16 pm

Got my loans down to accurately $126,000! ???? This 0% affect is really charming, truly seeing the amount lead down, genius if I had the money I’d principled transmit it supplied all then ??

I’m worried when the for the present comes and advantage is subsidize on FedLoan it will be wonderful difficult to even a score off my loans, I heard unified girl owed 80k and then after she paid it afar she even now owed 120k, like spirit I fancy I don’t end up in a similar ball game ??

Anyways it’s lawful likeable seeing the true to life amount of greenbacks work down, like I’m making extend destined for now ???? mentation I’d dividend, not as depressed as ahead lmao

easy to get student loans

(This does not figure on an additionally critic Sallie Mae credit of 30k my mom is paying seeking me hallow her heart)

2. Student Loans Online   On   June 3, 2021 at 9:24 am

Hello! I am looking after advice fro how to belittle my monthly payment. Currently, I have yon $75,000 in swat liable and I use CommonBond. I understand that the larger the advance, the bigger the monthly payment, but it has been strenuous to keep up with a $1,000 a month payment. Is there any admonition to arouse this payment lower? I accept already refinanced four years ago but there has to be something assorted I can do. Any hint of intelligence settle upon help me absent from a bunch.

how do i repay my student loans online

3. Katalog Stron   On   June 3, 2021 at 4:36 pm

I had this website saved some time previously but my laptop crashed. I have since gotten a new one and it took me a while to locate this! I also in fact like the theme though.

4. Credits   On   June 11, 2021 at 8:32 am

Many thanks pertaining to spreading that great subject material on your web site. I discovered it on the internet. I am going to check to come back once you post extra aricles.

5. Trojany Download   On   June 11, 2021 at 7:41 pm

We are a group of volunteers and opening a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable information to work on. Youve done a formidable activity and our entire group will likely be thankful to you.

6. Psychologia.xmc.pl   On   June 15, 2021 at 11:29 am

This is a good subject to talk about. Sometimes I fav stuff like this on Redit. I dont think this would be the best to submit though. Ill look around and find another article that may work.

7. zortilo nrel   On   June 17, 2021 at 11:51 pm

Nice read, I just passed this onto a friend who was doing some research on that. And he actually bought me lunch as I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch! “No one can wear a mask for very long.” by Seneca.