President Trump agrees to reopen the partial government

Written by on January 25, 2019

A temporary re-opening of the government

President Trump announced earlier today, at a press conference where he told no questions, that he is willing to reopen the federal government for 3 weeks while negotiations for the wall continues.

If no agreement is made by February 15th, President Trump made references to his earlier threats to declare a National Emergency, a very powerful weapon.

He also stated that once he receives the deal, he will immediately sign it into effect.  Thus, releasing the funds to the approximately 800,000 federal employees as soon as possible.

The deal does not include funding for a wall or barrier along the border, but Trump said he was confident both parties could start negotiations would continue and to come to an agreement on wall funding.

“Walls should not be controversial,” he said. “As commander-in-chief, my highest priority is the defense of our great country.”

Reaction from Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y., said Friday in a joint press conference with House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., that the measure will pass in both the House and the Senate, and expects the president to sign the legislation late Friday.

While on the republican side Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., said on the Senate floor that he supports the president’s plan to re-open the government and called on Democrats to come to the table and negotiate a border security plan before Feb. 15.

He continued to say “Going forward, I hope Democrats will stay true to the commitment they have stated constantly over the past weeks – that once government was re-opened, they would be perfectly willing to negotiate in good faith on full-year government funding that would include a significant investment in urgently needed border security measures, including physical barriers.”

So does this mean House Speaker Pelosi will now extend the invitation to President Trump to give the State of the Union address Tuesday evening?

1. 0mniartist   On   April 11, 2021 at 11:03 pm

It’s really a cool and helpful piece of info. I’m happy that you shared this helpful information with us.
    Please stay us up to date like this. Thanks for sharing.

0mniartist asmr

2. j.mp   On   April 14, 2021 at 9:00 am

Hey there! This is kind of off topic but I need some guidance from an established blog.

Is it tough to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick.
    I’m thinking about making my own but I’m not sure where to start.

Do you have any points or suggestions? Cheers asmr 0mniartist

3. asmr an   On   April 28, 2021 at 6:45 pm

My brother suggested I might like this web site. He used to be entirely right.
    This post actually made my day. You cann’t believe simply how a lot time I had spent
    for this information! Thanks!

4. gamefly their   On   May 3, 2021 at 3:16 pm

Hi! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any trouble with hackers?
    My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing a few months of hard work due
    to no data backup. Do you have any solutions to protect against hackers?

5. asmr what   On   May 4, 2021 at 3:41 am

I absolutely love your blog and find almost all of your post’s to be what precisely I’m looking for.

can you offer guest writers to write content for
    you personally? I wouldn’t mind composing a post or elaborating on a number of the subjects you write with regards to here.
    Again, awesome web log!

6. is asmr   On   May 7, 2021 at 7:46 pm

Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the net the easiest thing
    to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get annoyed while people think about worries
    that they just do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and
    also defined out the whole thing without having side effect , people can take a signal.

Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

7. bitly.com   On   May 16, 2021 at 10:22 pm

scoliosis
    I’m really enjoying the theme/design of your web site.
    Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility issues?
    A small number of my blog audience have complained about my website not working correctly in Explorer but looks
    great in Opera. Do you have any advice to help fix this issue?
    scoliosis

8. surgery scoliosis in   On   May 30, 2021 at 4:35 am

I think this is one of the most important info for me.
    And i’m glad studying your article. But want to remark on some
    normal things, The site style is ideal, the articles is actually
    nice : D. Just right job, cheers

9. http://tinyurl.com   On   June 1, 2021 at 10:44 am

wonderful submit, very informative. I’m wondering why the opposite specialists of this sector do not understand this.
    You must proceed your writing. I’m confident, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

10. tinyurl.com   On   June 1, 2021 at 5:40 pm

I’m impressed, I must say. Rarely do I encounter a blog that’s both equally educative and amusing, and without a doubt,
    you’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem is something
    which too few men and women are speaking intelligently about.
    I’m very happy that I came across this in my hunt for something concerning this.