San Antonio News – January 15, 2019

Written by on January 15, 2019

San Antonio News – January 15, 2019

On January 19, 1987 the Commission and the City of San Antonio held its first official Martin Luther King, Jr. March.

Each year, a variety of educational, inspirational and celebratory events honor one of the nation’s most revered civil rights leaders.

The signature event, the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. March, is scheduled for Monday, January 21, 2019

The march will begin at 10:00 a.m. at the MLK Academy located at 3501 MLK Drive and end at the Pittman-Sullivan Park.

San Antonio hosts the largest march in the nation, with approximately 300,000 participants.

We encourage everyone to participate, including:

Families and Individuals

Corporate and Non-Profit Organizations

Schools, Churches, and Civic Groups

Colleges and Universities

Community Members

For questions about the march, call 210.207.7084

In Other State News

Five candidates will run in a special election to replace Justin Rodriguez in the Texas House. Rodriguez vacated his seat when he was recently appointed to the Bexar County Commissioners Court to replace Commissioner Paul Elizondo who passed away on December 27, 2018.

Because of this, Four Democrats and one Republican will compete to become San Antonio’s newest state representative in a special election next month.

The five candidates filed paperwork to appear on the ballot for House District 125 before Monday’s 5 p.m. deadline, according to the Texas Secretary of State’s office.

The special election will be held on February 12th, with early voting starting January 28th.

So be sure to Get Out and Vote!

1. Tabatha   On   June 20, 2021 at 11:31 pm

My family members always say that I am killing my time here at web, however I know I am getting
    familiarity daily by reading such pleasant posts.

2. Rhea   On   August 9, 2021 at 2:51 am

I am not sure where you are getting your information, but good topic.
    I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more.
    Thanks for great info I was looking for this info for my mission.

3. bit.ly   On   September 3, 2021 at 3:54 am

You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this matter to be really something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I’m looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!

4. bitly.com   On   September 5, 2021 at 9:14 am

Wow that was strange. I just wrote an really long comment
    but after I clicked submit my comment didn’t appear. Grrrr…
    well I’m not writing all that over again. Regardless, just wanted to
    say excellent blog!

5. Консультация психолога   On   September 22, 2021 at 11:06 am

Приглашаем вас на консультации детского
    психолога. Консультация психолога Услуги консультации психолога.
    Психотерапия онлайн! Консультация у психологов.

Консультация психолога в Киеве Онлайн консультация.

Заказать консультацию психолога.

6. Метод системных семейных расстановок   On   September 23, 2021 at 2:54 pm

Организационные расстановки.
    Метод системных семейных расстановок Духовные расстановки.

Семейное консультирование и психотерапия.
    Системные перестановки. Организационные расстановки.
    Расстановки по Хеллингеру.